Front End/Interaction Developer
Competitive/Dependent on experience
We are looking for a Front End Developer, primarily working on web based projects. You'll be joining an established team of specialists within our broad integrated agency service offering, working with Strategic Planners, Designers, UX/Designers, other Front End Developers and specialist Back End Developers.
We make heavy use of open source frameworks and CMSs, particularly with Drupal, so the ability to work with theme and template engines would be an advantage.
You'll be joining an established, successful team and should be motivated and enthusiastic, sharing your opinions to constantly improve our approaches and methodologies.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Participating in briefing sessions, writing technical specifications and helping create estimates
- Using a pragmatic approach to producing standards-based, compliant front end code
- Production and testing of standards based, cross-browser compliant, responsive websites
- Leading front end development of particular projects
- Assisting others with front end code development
- Contributing to the ongoing improvements and refinements of our working practices
Skills and experience
- Extensive knowledge of CSS frameworks: Bootstrap, Foundation...
- Working knowledge of version control systems (especially git)
- Code performance and optimisation techniques
- SASS/Compass/LESS knowledge
- Experience of template engines; particularly TWIG
- Experience of working with PHP based CMSs - in particular Drupal
- Mobile Applications frameworks (PhoneGap etc)
- Advanced accessibility knowledge
- SEO knowledge
- Understanding of design theory and typography
Sound like you?
- Passionate about all things digital and the use of technology
- Appreciative of design, typography and creative campaigns
- Support the principles of open source, contributing to the software community and the value of knowledge sharing
- A problem solver
- A team player, sharing your opinions and willing to help others
- Can clearly and efficiently communicate with colleagues of varying technical expertise
- Is thorough and has attention to detail
- Motivated and enthusiastic, with the ability to work unsupervised
- Shows initiative outside of what you are directly tasked with
- Strives to work to deadlines
A bit about Access
As a new team member of Access, you will be welcomed to a close-knit team of 27 people.
Each member of Access is given responsibility to make any role their own. New learning and training is strongly encouraged and supported with our outstanding commitment to personal development - everyone is motivated to create their best work in a fun environment.
We know our greatest asset is our employees, and as such we’re actively seeking diverse applications. By joining us, and bringing your own unique experiences, you are helping to create a more inclusive marketing workforce. We can’t wait to work with you.
As a company, Access create, design, build, support and consult. We are a truly creative integrated agency - and we always do more than is expected. We are experienced and proactive problem solvers. We’re here to build, imagine and create industry-leading work. We deliver innovative marketing and digital solutions that answers difficult business challenges for some of the world's leading companies and organisations.
Why join Access?
- A collaborative, supportive environment that truly listens to its employees
- We’re a privately owned company that treats you as an individual
- Professional and Personal Development: mentoring, support, training and knowledge transfer (including membership of The IPA www.ipa.co.uk)
- An open approach to work, R&D and internal knowledge sharing
- Competitive salary
- Company contributed pension
- Regular subsidised social and industry events
- 24 days holiday, with extra days dependent on length of employment
- Free, secure parking
- Cycle To Work Scheme
How to Apply
Send your CV along with some relevant work examples to [email protected]
Please note, we do not acknowledge or accept speculative applications from recruitment agencies.