Senior Web Developer/Drupal Developer
Competitive/Dependent on experience
We are looking for an experienced technical developer to join our expanding team, primarily working on PHP and Drupal-based projects.
Ideally, you'll have a degree or equivalent related to computer sciences – although not essential, as we value talent over qualifications – and have proven industry experience developing php applications and websites.
Although this role is heavily focused on Drupal there will be opportunity to get involved with other technologies and a diverse and transferable skill set will help your application.
As an experienced Drupal developer you'll be expected to know Drupal 7 and Drupal 8. You'll be able to work with other developers to efficiently create effective solutions for our clients - knowing when to use contributed modules and when to create custom modules.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Participating in briefing sessions, writing technical specifications and helping create estimates
- Leading Drupal development projects
- Assisting/contributing to projects being led by others
- Responding to website support requests
- Contributing to the ongoing improvements and refinements of our working practices
Skills and experience
- Thorough understanding of PHP and producing secure, maintainable code
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and JS including template engines
- Extensive understanding of Drupal's architecture and best-practice application
- Experience or exposure to other PHP frameworks/CMS; Zend, Symfony, Code Igniter etc.
- Setup and administration of databases, primarily MySQL
- An understanding of Apache HTTP/HTTPS server configuration
- Working knowledge of Drupal APIs and integrating 3rd party APIs
- Drush and code deployment tools
- Understanding/appreciation of Usability and Accessibility
- Performance and scalability knowledge, particularly with Drupal
- Knowledge of other server technologies like Varnish, Memcache, Redis and Solr
- Demonstrable contributions to open source community or projects
Sound like you?
- Passionate about web development and the use of technology
- Support the principles of open source and contributing to the software community
- A problem solver
- A team player, sharing your opinions and willing to help others
- Can clearly and efficiently communicate with colleagues of varying technical expertise
- Is thorough and has attention to detail
- Motivated and enthusiastic, with the ability to work unsupervised
- Shows initiative outside of what you are directly tasked with
- Strives to work to deadlines
A bit about Access
As a new team member of Access, you will be welcomed to a close-knit team of 27 people.
Each member of Access is given responsibility to make any role their own. New learning and training is strongly encouraged and supported with our outstanding commitment to personal development - everyone is motivated to create their best work in a fun environment.
We know our greatest asset is our employees, and as such we’re actively seeking diverse applications. By joining us, and bringing your own unique experiences, you are helping to create a more inclusive marketing workforce. We can’t wait to work with you.
As a company, Access create, design, build, support and consult. We are a truly creative integrated agency - and we always do more than is expected. We are experienced and proactive problem solvers. We’re here to build, imagine and create industry-leading work. We deliver innovative marketing and digital solutions that answers difficult business challenges for some of the world's leading companies and organisations.
Why join Access?
- A collaborative, supportive environment that truly listens to its employees
- We’re a privately owned company that treats you as an individual
- Professional and Personal Development: mentoring, support, training and knowledge transfer (including membership of The IPA www.ipa.co.uk)
- An open approach to work, R&D and internal knowledge sharing
- Competitive salary
- Company contributed pension
- Regular subsidised social and industry events
- 24 days holiday, with extra days dependent on length of employment
- Free, secure parking
- Cycle To Work Scheme
How to Apply
Send your CV along with some relevant work examples to [email protected]
Please note, we do not acknowledge or accept speculative applications from recruitment agencies.