Co‑operatives UK is the network for Britain’s thousands of co‑operative businesses – member-owned businesses which are worth more than £37 billion to the British economy. How could we support their mission to deliver a long-term member focused strategy and improve engagement through digital transformation?
Working to coincide with the launch of a new visual identity, we conducted an intense discovery phase which included stakeholder planning workshop, member interviews and reviewing available analytics and member data sources. Through this we were able to identify the priorities for the organisation and get stakeholder approval for the project roadmap.
Central to the project was the complete redevelopment of www.uk.coop providing Content Management, Digital Asset Management, CRM data exchange, social media integration, membership management and mapping functionality powered by live data.
Specific features and functionality delivered in this project
- Drupal 7 Content Management System
- Automated content migration
- Two-way Salesforce and Drupal data synchronisation
- Business directory with Google mapping and search functionality
- Social content integration
- Advanced onsite search engine (Solr) including content recommendations
- Fully responsive, mobile-friendly design and theme
Results and Achievements
The new website, with a focus on content discovery and usability on mobile devices, has quickly delivered improved engagement and a huge increase in social media interactions.
- Pages/Session: 31% increase
- Average Session Duration: 67% increase
- Bounce rate: 12% reduction
- Sessions from social: 141% increase
- Social Conversions: 466% increase
"Today was a big day for Co-ops UK with the launch of the the new brand, website and Co-operative Economy. Ed (CEO) was on BBC Breakfast, Radio 5 and Radio 4 today talking about the economy and we’ve had coverage in many of the national papers. Your team played a huge part in getting us to today and we wanted to say thank you for all the effort you put into the discovery, design and build of the website.
The whole process was both enjoyable and very smooth from our point of view and we’re extremely pleased with the result! The feedback we’ve received about the site has all been excellent.”"
Paul Murphy - IT Programme Leader, Co-operatives UK